Thursday, January 27, 2011

Oh snow

So the snow on top of snow on top of more snow has closed the college for the morning and gives me a little time to actually update again! Hooray!

I'll start off by saying I hate snow. It's great and beautiful and awesome while its coming down and then it turns into that houseguest that doesn't leave for weeks. Then it's cold, and wet, and slick. (I'm prone to fall without ice, I don't need the extra slip and slide!) Then, just when you're excited to be rid of it because temperatures are rising, those 12 inches of snow have to melt. And that much snow means a lot of melting water coming out all at once...

Yeah, I'm not a fan of snow.

In brighter news it has given me the opportunity to do some good knitting! I am a huge fan of Crystal Palace Yarns. They're known for their fantastic bamboo needles, but they actually make wonderfully bright yarns in mini, plus, and chunky. I'm currently working on their Fair Isle Hat. This is my first time doing a real traditional type fair isle pattern so it's pretty exciting for me. The only downside is working with their mini yarn on size 5 needles so it takes a good 2 hours to get an inch since I'm not exactly the fastest knitter. (This could have something to do with that fact that I always knit while watching good tv) One thing that is exciting to me is that they do their crown shaping while still continuing the pattern repeat. That feels like it'll be a little bit of rubbing your stomach and patting your head, but I love a good challenge! Pictures will hopefully be posted soon.

Peace&Love

0 comments:

Post a Comment