Friday, January 21, 2011

Here Goes Nothing

So how does anyone ever know how to start the very first entry of a blog? Do I introduce myself? Do I try to prove how witty I am? Do I pitch to my lack of readers what my shtick is?

Well, wit is in the eye of the beholder and I have no shtick other than dry humor and a sense of adventure (unique qualities, I know), so I guess I should get to who I am.

You can call me Alexis. I am a 21 year old conservation biology student, volunteer, knitter, indie music lover, vegetarian, and so much more that I'm sure will come out sooner or later. I am human and I deal with a lot of struggles and more than my fair share of mood swings, but never doubt that I love my life.

The reason I've started this blog is because this is going to be a big year of change for me...

Just before Thanksgiving Dear Boyfriend suddenly became Dear Fiance (DF) and I couldn't have been more surprised or more excited.
Then before Christmas I got accepted into what I consider a rather prestigious internship program at Georgetown University this summer.
Then literally the day I'm set to drive back up to school DF and I found a fantastic place that we would love to call our first home together.

So expect a lot of this, that, and some of the other. I'll share things I think are awesome, talk about exciting things that happen in my life, post pictures of projects I'm working on, and anything else that comes to mind.

Let's both hope this is the start of a beautiful thing.

Peace&Love

0 comments:

Post a Comment